Mobile devices allow employees to easily stay well connected to coworkers and customers whether they're working in the office, at home or halfway across the world. At the same time, allowing employees to access company information via laptops, smartphones and/or tablets creates certain security risks. To mitigate these risks and fully realize the perks of using mobile devices, small-to-medium businesses must implement a mobile device management (MDM) solution. Here are the top 10 benefits of mobile device management:
- It extends security measures to company devices – In the modern day, companies face the possibility of their devices being compromised through cybercrime tactics or regular theft. To minimize this threat, MDM offers state-of-the-art protection against unauthorized access through device encryption, location tracking and other high-tech security features.
- It allows for remote management of users and devices – By giving your company the ability to monitor and manage what your employees do on their mobile devices, MDM will further safeguard your business and its data against security threats. If a device becomes compromised, your company will have the power to instantly disable it from a remote location.
- It gives organizations control over apps – Applications are an essential part of any mobile device. With MDM, you'll be able to regulate how your workers use applications and even add or remove apps from employee devices as needed.
- It ensures business continuity in the event of a disaster or user error – Consistent backups are another one of the major benefits of mobile device management. They guarantee that even if a device is physically destroyed, your emails, photographs, messages and other important data will stick around.
- It helps businesses achieve and maintain compliance – By keeping your employee and customer data safe in all situations, MDM will help your business comply with federal regulations. In turn, your business will be seen as a trustworthy entity by current and potential clients.
- It simplifies the process of updating devices – With MDM, keeping your devices up to date will no longer be a chore, as your company will be able to easily execute updates across all devices.
- It cuts costs through BYOD – Perhaps one of the most exciting benefits of mobile device management from a top-rated IT company such as Alura is the option to bring your own devices (BYOD). In other words, your business will not need to spend money on new devices when implementing a mobile device management solution. The IT provider will install the necessary protocols and programs on your current devices so you can enjoy device security and peace of mind without spending a fortune.
- It comes with useful hosted services – Many MDM providers offer hosted software services such as Hosted Exchange and Office 365 for mobile devices. These programs will help boost employee productivity. And don't worry – they'll be protected and backed up just like everything else on your company devices.
- It offers support across multiple OS – No matter what operating system your organization uses on its devices, a skilled IT service such as Alura will be able to monitor, service, restore and troubleshoot for you through MDM.
- It can be personalized to fit your business – All aspects of MDM can be customized according to the unique needs and goals of your business, guaranteeing that the solution works efficiently for your company.
From increased productivity to reduced security risks, there are numerous benefits of mobile device management for companies of all sizes.
Learn More About Our Reliable, Budget-Friendly MDM Services
If your company is ready to experience the countless advantages of implementing a comprehensive, personalized mobile device management solution, call Alura today at 844-558-7200. While you're at it, don't forget to read about how our award-winning remote monitoring service can help keep your business data secure! We look forward to discussing the benefits of mobile device management for your organization.