In today's technologically advanced world, there are more ways than ever before for unauthorized individuals to access private business information and data. Therefore, it's essential to maintain strict security practices at your company or organization. Here are some common security threats faced by businesses and tips for avoiding them:
- Unsecured computers and hard drives. Some organizations choose to upgrade or install a computer/hard drive independently, without having these items professionally secured. While this may save money in the short term, it can put your system at a high risk for being hacked. Therefore, it's best to let an IT expert handle updates to computers and hard drives.
- Social engineering. Have you ever gotten a call from someone claiming to work with your business, only to find out after the fact that they were lying? This is called social engineering, and it can be detrimental to your company's security if you disclose private information to someone who is not actually affiliated with your business. As a result, you should always be cautious about giving out confidential information via phone or email.
- Failure to shred documents. Data thieves target company dumpsters when looking to steal information. In order to prevent these individuals from gaining access to private documents, be sure to put all company papers through a shredder when you are finished with them.
- Bank fraud. Often, hackers will try to fraudulently open a credit account under an organization's name. To make sure this does not occur, make it a priority to monitor the credit accounts being created by your business each month.
The list of possible security breaches goes on and on. But Alura Business Solutions can keep threats to your company's data and privacy at bay. To do so, we'll use a variety of expertly-curated Chester County IT security services, including:
- Access Control/Structured Cabling
- Mobile Device Management
- Enterprise Threat Management
Whether you choose to utilize one or all of our IT security services in Chester County, we here at Alura will provide your business with outstanding customer service and round-the-clock support. Plus, our IT experts will draw on years of experience to structure customized solutions to help your business meet its specific goals. That's what makes us the #1 company for IT security services Chester County organizations can rely on.
We Also Offer IT Management Services in Chester County
In addition to maintaining network safety, Alura can provide your company with Fortune-100-level Chester County IT management services. We're experts in the following areas:
- Managed IT Consulting
- Mobility Management
- Compliancy Management
- Network Monitoring & Maintenance
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
If you're looking for assistance with any of these business management tasks, give us a call today at 844-558-7200 or send an email to email@example.com. Furthermore, if you'd like to learn about our Chester County information technology services, check out our recent blog post. We look forward to helping your small- or medium-sized business stay secure and achieve its goals!