With Earth Day approaching, it's time to evaluate the efforts that your small- or medium-sized business is currently making to be kind to the environment. If it seems like there's some room for improvement, consider these five easy tips for making your organization more eco-friendly:
- Recycle devices when you're finished with them. One of the easiest things you can do to cut down on waste is recycle old or unused computers, phones, etc. As you can see in the photo accompanying this blog, Alura employees take care to collect and recycle all of their old electronics each year.
- Encourage employees to carpool to work. Make cutting down on environmental pollution a group effort by promoting a carpooling program for the associates at your organization. Create an area on the break room bulletin board where people can sign up to drive others to work.
- Opt for energy-efficient lighting. Still using incandescent bulbs? It's time to switch to energy-saving lighting – doing so will benefit the environment and lower your company's monthly electric bill! S
- Switch to earth-friendly cleaning supplies. Keeping your building clean is essential no matter what industry your company is in. Do so in a “green” way by choosing cleaning products that don't contain harmful chemicals or toxins.
- Turn off devices at the end of each workday. When computers or power strips are left on overnight, a huge amount of electricity is wasted. To put this wastefulness to an end, post signs around the office reminding employees to shut off their company devices before leaving the office each day.
By following these simple steps, your company can go green while enjoying additional benefits such as lower energy bills.
Save Trees With Alura's Cloud Services!
Apart from following the aforementioned steps to create a more environmentally conscious business, we here at Alura Business Solutions also suggest making use of our Cloud services. By storing its data virtually in the Cloud rather than printing out documents and keeping them in filing cabinets, your company will greatly reduce the amount of paper that it uses. In turn, your organization will lessen its negative effect on the environment by saving countless trees. As an added benefit, using the Cloud for data storage will keep your company's data more secure and ensure that data isn't lost in disaster situations.
In addition to Cloud services, Alura also offers the following information technology services in Mercer County:
- Office 365
- Hosted Exchange
- Infrastructure Design
- And More!
Interested in learning about switching to the Cloud or implementing Alura's other Mercer County information technology services? Head over to our website now to get all the details.
Get in Touch With Us Today
Want to start using our Cloud services or other Mercer County information technology services just in time for Earth Day? Give us a call today at 844-558-7200 to speak with one of our friendly associates. Plus, be sure to check out our latest blog posts to get the scoop on our Mercer County IT management services and Mercer County IT security services.
Thanks for reading, and have an awesome Earth Day!