With Earth Day quickly approaching, our Gloucester County virtualization service would like to take some time to talk about what your small-to-medium business can do to reduce the amount of energy used by its data center and servers. Why should you care about this? The reason is two-fold. First off, lowering your organization's energy consumption will save you money, and second, it will create a cleaner environment. These are both huge benefits, so we recommend implementing these tips right away if you haven't already done so:
- Invest in servers that are qualified by ENERGY STAR – These servers use up to 30% less energy than conventional ones. In turn, making the switch will go a long way in reducing your company's costs and its environmental impact.
- Always use structured cabling in your servers – Unstructured cabling takes up a lot of space and can therefore block airflow, so your company should use structured cabling to ensure that air can travel efficiently to its servers.
- Consider switching to cloud computing – By virtualizing your company's data storage and other operations, you'll be able to easily cut out idle servers and hardware. As a result, you'll save tons of electricity each month!
- Get rid of unneeded data – To avoid using more energy than you need to, your employees should be sure to go through company data on a regular basis and get rid of anything that isn't necessary.
- Maximize the efficiency of your server rack arrangement – Believe it or not, how you set up your company's server racks greatly affects the amount of energy needed to control the temperature of the area. We recommend placing your server racks so that they face each other. This layout is most efficient because it keeps the cold supply air and hot exhaust air from mixing together.
By following these steps, your business will be able to cut its energy costs while reducing its impact on the planet. We call that a win-win!
Hire Our Virtualization Specialists Today!
Here at Alura Business Solutions, our goal is to help companies save money and optimize their operations. One way we do so is by providing virtualization services in Gloucester County. When you choose to take advantage of these services at your business, you'll enjoy:
- Quick and flawless migration
- The ability to scale up or down at any time
- Protection in the event of a disaster
- Lower costs than internal hosting
- And much more!
Interested in finding out more about how our Gloucester County virtualization service can benefit your business? Give us a call today at 844-558-7200. We look forward to showing you why Alura is known as the virtualization service Gloucester County companies can trust for winning solutions that conserve both cash and energy!