When traveling for work, chances are you'll want to bring both your company and personal devices with you. Unfortunately, doing so can expose you to malware and other threats if you don't take proper security precautions. Whether you're traveling with a laptop, an iPad, a smartphone or some other device, keep these tips in mind to lessen your risk of being a victim of cybercrime:
- For devices with software and/or an operating system, make sure your security program is updated and completely patched. Doing so will prevent unauthorized individuals from gaining access to your devices by finding gaps in the security software.
- Invest in a privacy screen for your laptop to prevent people from being able to view your screen while you're working in public places such as airports or cafés. This item will come in handy even when you're not traveling!
- Be sure to equip all of your devices with complex passwords that are hard to guess. Never use the same password for multiple devices, as this could allow a hacker to gain access to all of your devices if he/she somehow discovered the password for one of them.
- When you aren't actively using your devices, turn them off or put them in sleep mode. Taking this action will disable the network connection, thereby making it impossible for hackers to infiltrate your devices.
- If possible, carry your devices with you at all times. Doing so will give you peace of mind that your precious data isn't being stolen or corrupted while you're away from your hotel room.
- When you return home from a business trip, always change your passwords just in case someone got a hold of them while you were traveling.
Putting these tips into practice each time you travel will help you keep your personal and business devices safe from malware, hackers and other threats.
Trust Alura for Reliable Montgomery County IT Security Solutions
In addition to taking preventative measures against cybercrime while traveling, it's also essential to find ways to protect your company's network on a day-to-day basis. Alura Business Solutions, the IT security company Montgomery County relies on, offers a variety of services designed to help you do so:
- Access Control/Structured Cabling
- Enterprise Threat Management
- Mobile Device Management
To learn more about what our Montgomery County IT security company can offer your organization, give us a call at 844-558-7200 or visit our website. And while you're at it, don't forget to check out our recent feature on the benefits of private cloud computing. We can't wait to hear from you!