Has your small-to-medium business been putting off creating a disaster recovery plan or updating its existing one? Perhaps you haven't been able to find the time to do so, or maybe you're concerned about the costs involved in structuring a solid disaster recovery plan. Either way, it's time to get to work on your company's disaster recovery plan. To show you why this is so crucial to the continued success of your business, our New Castle County disaster recovery service would like to share a few shocking statistics with you:
- According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, almost 40% of businesses close after a catastrophe.
- A whopping 93% of companies that are unable to resume operations for 10 days or more after a disaster file for bankruptcy within one year, according to the National Archive & Records Administration in Washington.
- Among the businesses that close following a disaster, only 25% ever reopen, according to the Institute for Business & Home Safety.
- In a 2014 Disaster Recovery Preparedness Benchmark Survey, 51% of businesses got a failing grade for disaster recovery preparedness.
- This same survey also revealed that 60% of businesses felt their disaster recovery plans were not useful in helping them get back on track after a mishap.
- According to the 2015 Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Survey, small-to-medium companies with between 100 and 2,000 employees are likely to lose more than $20,000 in a disaster situation if they aren't properly prepared.
- Also according to this survey, environmental events such as hurricanes and tornadoes aren't the #1 type of business disaster – hardware/server room failure causes the majority of data loss.
As the statistics prove, disaster recovery planning should be high on your organization's list of priorities. After all, it's far less expensive and time-consuming to write up an efficient disaster recovery plan than it is to suffer the consequences of being without one when disaster strikes.
We Offer Reliable New Castle County Disaster Recovery Services
Feeling overwhelmed by the task of creating a disaster recovery plan for your organization? It's time to contact Alura Business Solutions, the disaster recovery service New Castle County businesses have depended on since 2005. Whether your business has 50 employees or 500, we'll offer you innovative, customized disaster recovery solutions. For instance, you can take advantage of our Arcus disaster recovery platform, which will allow your company to recover from disasters in hours rather than days.
To find out more about Arcus, head over to our website now. And if you're interested in learning how to update your business's existing disaster recovery plan, check out our past blog post or give us a call at 844-558-7200. We can't wait to show you what makes us the best disaster recovery service in New Castle County!