Mobile devices are a productivity-enhancing asset to any modern small-to-medium business. However, giving employees permission to use laptops, tablets and smartphones for work-related purposes can also expose companies to security threats. In turn, mobile devices must be skillfully managed in order to ensure the security of the company and its data. To help your organization capitalize on the benefits of mobile devices without compromising the safety of your information and network, we've compiled a list of mobile device management best practices every business should adhere to:
- Require employees to make strong passwords and change them often – Establishing a company policy which necessitates that employees use complex, hard-to-crack passwords and rotate their passwords regularly is one of the easiest ways to keep your company's confidential data from falling into the wrong hands. For added protection, require employees to set their devices to lock automatically after a few minutes of inactivity.
- Don't skip encryption – With cyber attacks becoming more sophisticated by the second, encrypting the sensitive information on your company devices is one of the mobile device management best practices that we can't stress enough. Through encryption, you will ensure that data remains unreadable to hackers even in the event that they manage to gain access to a corporate-owned device.
- Be sure to back up data on a regular basis – In a situation where a mobile device is lost or compromised, make sure your information doesn't get lost as well by backing up contact information, emails, documents and other important data to a secure secondary location.
- Enable remote management – Another one of the mobile device management best practices that no business should neglect is remote management. In other words, you should ensure that your organization has the ability to remotely disable and wipe a company device right away if it is reported missing or stolen.
- Look to a professional for assistance with MDM – Even if your business only has a few employees, managing their mobile devices can be overwhelming. Luckily, a skilled IT company such as Alura Business Solutions can help you safeguard your devices from threats so that you can focus on running your business. When you trust the Alura team for mobile device monitoring and management, your organization will get state-of-the-art protection against damage, theft and cyber threats for all of its devices. Furthermore, our sophisticated solutions will set your company up to enjoy the many benefits of strategic, comprehensive mobile device management.
By following these mobile device management best practices, your company will be able to rest assured that its data and devices are protected from security hazards and unauthorized access.
Find Out More About Mobile Device Management from Alura
Now that you've familiarized yourself with these crucial mobile device management best practices, perhaps you're interested in learning more about Alura's MDM solutions. For a rundown of how we can assist your business in keeping its mobile devices out of harm's way, give us a call today at 844-558-7200. We look forward to helping you boost your company's productivity and security through customized, effective mobile device management!