Viruses, spyware and malware all pose a serious threat to your company's security and functionality, especially since attackers have become more sophisticated and deceptive in recent years. So what can you do to keep these vicious digital security menaces from infiltrating your organization's network?
- Store all company files in at least three different places – Doing so will ensure you don't lose access to crucial information if your organization is a victim of cybercrime. To meet this guideline, we suggest saving files on your business's network, on a separate storage device and on an off-site server. If you need a dependable off-site server, consider our Cloud services.
- Never use the same password for multiple accounts – Otherwise, there may be catastrophic consequences if a hacker discovers the password for one of your accounts and can then gain access to all of them. Switch up your passwords with various numbers, symbols and letters, and change them frequently for maximum security.
- If it sounds fishy, it probably is – Cyber criminals often target businesses by impersonating employees and requesting information via phone or email. Therefore, you should advise your associates never to trust that someone is who they claim to be without official verification. This will help your organization avoid having its private data fall into the wrong hands.
- Always keep your operating system up-to-date. Whether your company uses Mac OS X, Windows, Linux or some other operating system, it's important to update it whenever an update is available. Updates often contain fixes to known security issues, so keeping your OS current will ensure that your network is as secure as possible.
By following these steps, your company will minimize its risk of falling victim to cyber attacks.
Count On Alura for IT Security Solutions in Philadelphia
If you're on the hunt for top-level Philadelphia IT security solutions, look no further than Alura. When you hire us, your business will have access to:
- A network of data centers and servers that are SSAE-16 certified to keep data safe, easily accessible and immediately recoverable
- Data recovery services in case of a data-loss scenario
- Military-grade encryption
- Thorough data verification and corruption checks through our sophisticated Integrity Checker
- And more!
For additional information on how Alura's IT security solutions in Philadelphia can safeguard your organization, give us a call now at 844-558-7200. Plus, be sure to take a look at our recent blog post on the perks of using Microsoft Office 365.
We look forward to showing you why we're the superior provider for Philadelphia IT security solutions and other useful IT services!