We have some exciting news to share! Alura Business Solutions is one of the very 1st in our industry to offer a fixed price, unlimited retention cloud backup and disaster recovery model!
What does this mean?
Well, one of our goals here at Alura has been, and always will be, to offer you the most affordable disaster recovery solutions in case the inevitable does indeed occur. In fact, major disasters such as Hurricane Sandy prompted us to continuously find ways to improve our current remote backup and disaster recovery platforms. So, we have worked very hard to negotiate preferential fixed pricing with new data centers. Moving forward, the monthly charge for many of our clients will solely be based on the number of servers/workstations we back up and the collective size of their data at this point in time.
Why did we implement this change?
We have been doing great with our current technology over the past eight years but we decided it was time to upgrade our current system and also make it more affordable for our clients. Specifically, there was a limited flexibility for retention time of data and our current platform is limited to backups of once a day, it backs up data files only (not operating system files), only allows 90 days of retention, and it can have issues uploading large amounts of data depending on your internet connection speed. While we have never experienced a full failure, should one occur on the current system, our clients are looking at a substantial amount of time (days) of downtime to return them to operations as we would need to rebuild their systems and then restore the data.
Our new platform compresses data much more efficiently than the current platform and provides quicker upload to the data centers, which will reduce the amount of bandwidth used and provide a quicker upload process. We will be using a heavier level of encryption and compression, and more secure data centers (SSAE-16 certified data backup centers, located thousands of miles apart from each other. Each data center has 24/7 monitoring and advanced security measures such as biometric controlled access as well as multiple backup generators and redundant connections to the Internet.) We also have HIPAA BAS Agreements in force with the data centers for your protection if you deal with any PHI.
What Does This Mean For Our Existing Clients?
Starting in November, a client’s bill will reflect the new platform. Instead of metered gigabyte charges you will see one fixed rate that will cover your entire organization and a small charge for each server, workstation, or laptop that we back up. Although our costs have increased significantly to provide unlimited storage, we have done our best to keep your costs as low as possible. *While you will see a very small increase, this is a one-time increase and the ONLY increase you will see for storage indefinitely. We are taking the initiative of backing up additional files that were now possible or feasible with the old system, so right off the bat you will have a better product. This small increase will pay for itself over and over again compared to the previous model.
What’s in store for 2015?
Looking forward, some optional services clients may utilize will include:
- Image level backups (not just data files, but entire images of your systems). This will let us recover your infrastructure in a period of hours versus days.
- Microsoft Exchange message/mailbox level restores – Recovering deleted emails will take seconds versus hours.
- Quick Spin up services (ability to “spin up / turn on” your servers in the data center should your facility be compromised). We will still have the ability to restore your information to our office for temporary server operations, but also now the ability to restore to Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley data centers and setup temporary operations should a major disaster strike. If you would like to discuss contingency plans for such disasters let me know, and we will be reaching out to you once this feature is available.
- For virtualized environments… on Hyper-V and VMWare level backups we can snapshot your entire environment in the cloud – to get you up and running in hours versus days
- Individual machine backups (if you have mission critical workstations, mobile laptops, etc. we can include them in your disaster recovery backup)
- Cloud / Premise Agnostic – whether you are completely premise based, completely cloud based, or in a hybrid environment, this platform works for both.
Not an Alura Client?
We have been gearing up to launch this exciting new product for a while now, and are welcoming new clients who are specifically concerned about their disaster recovery plan and are tired of paying for DR on a metered basis. Please reach out to us for a free consultation and proposal; we always strive to make ourselves available to our existing and new clients when they need us the most!
The Team at Alura Business Solutions