Does your company allow its employees to use mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops for business-related purposes? For most organizations, the answer to this question is “Yes, of course!” After all, it's so much more convenient to be able to do work while on the go rather than being confined to a desktop computer in the office.
Unfortunately, this convenience comes with some added risk for your business – by allowing your employees to access company information on a mobile device, you increase the chances of this data falling into the wrong hands. To manage this hazard, our mobile device management service in Mercer County suggests requiring your workers to follow these steps:
- Back up the data on all of your mobile devices to a secure place on a regular basis.
- Set a lock screen passcode, PIN or pattern that is difficult to guess, and update it every so often.
- Disable location tracking for apps that you don't absolutely need it for.
- When an update is released for one of your mobile devices, download it – chances are it will contain improved security features.
- Never leave a mobile device unattended in a public place.
- Be aware of your surroundings – many cyber criminals gain information by looking over someone's shoulder at the screen of their mobile device.
- Just as you would do with a desktop computer, be sure to install antivirus software on your mobile devices and update it whenever possible.
- Take advantage of features such as “Find My iPhone” that allow you to track your mobile devices in the event that they are lost or stolen. By doing so, you'll be able to see the location of the device and remotely wipe any confidential data from it before unauthorized individuals can gain access to it.
Instructing your employees to secure their company mobile devices in these ways will greatly cut down on the risk of your sensitive business information being taken by hackers.
Count on Us for Mercer County Mobile Device Management
Would you like to have professional assistance in keeping your organization's mobile devices safe and secure? Alura Business Solutions is the perfect IT company for the job! Ever since 2005, we've been helping businesses safeguard and monitor their devices. In turn, we've gained expertise in working with a variety of device providers, including Android, Apple and Blackberry.
To find out more about why we're the mobile device management service Mercer County depends on, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 844-558-7200. And if you'd like to learn about software-defined data centers, don't miss last week's post. We look forward to working as your IT team!