According to Roger Borek, here are some of the most compelling reasons why cloud computing may make sense for your business:
- No Server Maintenance – You no longer have to manage your own hardware and software.
- Reduced Upfront Costs for Hardware and Software – Your IT staff doesn’t have to worry about servers, networking and operating system software support. Those things are being taken care of by the cloud provider.
- Improved Cash Flow – When deploying a large system on-premise that requires multiple servers and software, a large, upfront cash outlay is also required. When using a cloud, normal charges are billed on a monthly basis as an operating expense rather than a capital expense. This improves a company’s cash flow.
- Easier Mobile Computing – Most companies have complicated security protocols but with the cloud access, authorizations are taken care of effortlessly.
- Superior Integration With Other Systems – The cloud was purposefully designed for easy interoperability, which adds the option for current or future usage of additional products.
- Faster Implementation – Cloud solutions are managed and hosted by the vendor; you do not need to set up or install any hardware or software.
- More Flexibility — Why pay for 20 TB of storage today when you only need 15 TB? From a pure scale perspective, cloud storage is practically infinite. You can just add more capacity as you need it.
- Data Back-Ups – As opposed to the horrible risk of crashing your in-house server(s) and losing data, third-party hosted clouds have redundancy. Your data is copied to at least two locations, so if one fails you still haven’t lost anything.
If cloud computing seems to be a good fit for your business, we offer Cirrus remote backup and EXCloud Hosted Exchange. Both are excellent solutions.