In an earlier newsletter, are argued the pros and cons of sticking with Windows 7 or upgrading to Windows 8. We’re recommending Windows 7 Professional for Business for those migrating from XP.
Windows 7 Professional can bring significant, tangible benefits to your IT infrastructure and employees, including:
- Improved performance when booting up, opening files, and resuming from standby — all with extended battery life;
- Improved security and compliance to protect datas and remove unwanted applications;
- Improved manageability when deploying and managing desktops, laptops, and virtual environments;
- Increased mobility by allowing workers access to their computer programs, files, and network resources away from the office;
- Better stability to enable the operating system to run quickly and reliably, while recovering gracefully from unforeseen application crashes.
- Reduced costs by leveraging Microsoft solutions for VPN, virtualization, and drive encryption.
Over at Info World, Peter Abruzzse says the plan for most organizations is to upgrade to Windows 7 as the end-of-support deadline approaches for Windows XP. He lists the features he loves the most, including the user interface, security enhancements, ease of networking, and improved performance.